Guide to picking your wedding wine
Here's an overview of how we can help you pick your wedding wine and some tips which should make the whole process a lot easier.
Get in touch and let us know a couple of things about your wedding - how many are coming and what food you're serving?
We'll then get to work and draw up a short-list of wines (white, red and sparkling) which you can come and taste in-store for free.
To get you started, see a list of our most popular wines below.
We can cater for any budget, and we're committed to help you get the best bang for your buck.
You decide on the wines and we'll then deliver the wines to your venue for free.
Up to 20% of wines not opened can be returned for a refund.
Key things to consider when planning wine for your wedding
So, what are the key things you need to know about ordering wines for your wedding?
- Quantity: A good rule of thumb is half a bottle of wine per person for the meal. You're better off "rounding up" rather than down as you don't want to run out.
- Brief the waiting staff: depending on the venue because over eager waiting staff can sometimes overfill glasses - too much and too often.
- Open or return? Wherever you buy wine, ask for an open or return so you're not spending on wine you don't use. You have enough expenses to worry about for the wedding.
- Corkage: If you are supplying your own wine, negotiate (and haggle) a corkage fee with the venue and make sure you get it in writing.
- Food matching: generally, pick the food first or at least have a shortlist of food options to make it easier to pick out the most suitable wines
- Even though it's your wedding, cater for your guests' tastes - don't go for anything too crazy. Remember, you're the stars, not the wine.
Our most popular wedding wines
With all the above in mind, take a look at our customers' favourites: