We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, so this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. By personal information, we mean your name, email address, phone number and the company you work for.
What information do we collect?
We hold business-related data on you which is either collected through your use of our website or given to us when you set up an account or give us permission to send you updates through our consent form.
Data collected through the website:
- We collect information about your computer, your visits to and your use of this website (including geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation).
- Information that you provide to us when you register as a website user
- We do not collect your IP address to identify or track you
Data given to us by you:
- Your contact details at account set up
- Your contact details provided when you consent to our sending you updates on pricing, promotions, press reviews, promotions or tastings.
How we use your information?
Personal information will be used for the purposes outlined below. We will not provide your personal information to any third parties, unless obliged (see 4) Disclosures).
We may use your personal information to:
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send you our newsletter and possibly other updates relating to our business, such as invitations to tastings, which we think may be of interest to you and which you have consented to receive, by email or similar technology
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Please note that disabling or deleting cookies may affect the content and functionality available to you on any website, including this one.
b) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website and to understand how the site is being used so we can keep improving the user experience. All user data is anonymous. Google Analyticsgenerates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users' computers. Google stores this information.
c) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
We use, or may use in the future, social media plugin functionality such as Facebook (Like and Share buttons), their policy is listed here http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. We also use
Twitter (Retweet and Tweet buttons), their policy is listed here: http://twitter.com/privacy.
- If required to do so by law or in connection with any legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store any personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewallprotected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. When using the website, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity, such as a passport and proof of address.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes (by unsubscribing or emailing email@example.com) or to delete your personal information from our databases.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
We will report any unlawful data breach of our database(s) to all relevant authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen or lost.
In the event of a major data breach, our Disaster Recovery or Crisis Management team will take whatever action is required to assess and resolve the situation.
The data controller of this website is: Foley Wines Ltd, whose registered address is No 57, KCR Industrial Estate, Kimmage, Dublin 12