Gift Vouchers Can Not Be Redeemed Online
To Make A Purchase Using A Gift Voucher Please Call Us Or Email Us   Here

Vega Sicillia Pintia 2015

€74.95
In stock
Only 3 left
Pintia is one of the great wines of the D.O. Toro. It is a unique wine, as it is the only one made in the winery, which guarantees that it will always be the best wine produced in the natural conditions offered by this privileged terroir. Pintia 2015 offers interesting fruity and spicy aroma. This is a very concentrated vintage, but also has plenty of tension and persistence on the palate; a precise wine with a long journey ahead.
Delivery Nationwide: only €7.50
FREE when you spend €120 +
This is made by the Pintia winery, which belongs to the outstanding Tempos Vega Sicilia wine group. Pintia is a single-variety Tinta de Toro (Tempranillo) wine from plots with an average age of 40 years that are harvested manually. The harvest is transported in 12 kilo boxes and kept in a cold chamber in the winery for 12 hours to preserve the fruity intensity of the grapes.
As well as the selection that happens in the vineyard, the clusters also go through a double selection process in the winery: the first is to discard the clusters that seemed fine in the vineyard but are not, and the second purifies the berries by removing the defective ones found in good clusters. Before fermentation, cold maceration takes place in oak vats for 5 days, and malolactic fermentation also takes place in wood. 70% of the resulting wine is aged for 12 months in French oak barrels and the remaining 30% in American oak barrels.
More Information
Grape type Tempranillo
Country/Region Spain/Ribera del Duero
Critics Review Wine Advocate-Parker : 94 Points The only wine produced here is the 2015 Pintia, which, in the warm and dry 2015, reaches 15% alcohol and has moderate acidity and a creamy, soft texture, with plenty of concentration, ripeness and tannins. It fermented in oak vats and matured in oak barrels (new and used, French and American) for 12 months. It was a powerful vintage, and they did part of the malolactic fermentation in oak vats instead of 100% in barrique to keep some of the freshness, and they also have 15,000 liters of wine that can mature in stainless steel and rotate some lots in vat before they are put in barrique. All this goes in the direction of keeping the freshness of the wine in a zone where power comes naturally, and all the tools are welcomed, including the use of different toast in the barrels. All this seems to have paid off, and even if the wine is powerful and tannic, it has good balance and the tannins are fine-grained. This has reached a good balance between power and elegance.
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Vega Sicillia Pintia 2015

FREE NATIONWIDE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OF €120+

Delivery is free on all orders over €120, anywhere in Ireland. For smaller orders our standard delivery charge is only €7.50 per delivery address.

FROM CLICKS TO BRICKS: BUY ONLINE, PICK UP IN-STORE

You've been asking for it, so here it is. You can now buy online and pick up in-store. Will save you a tenner on smaller purchases (less than €120).

NEXT WORKING DAY DELIVERY

Delivery is usually the next working day (Mon - Fri), if ordered before 1pm, but may take up to 72 hours 

Related products

Check items to add to the cart or
Recently Viewed
No recently views items
Clear All